Co-Founder, Jen Carlson created this delicious Pizza Rolls recipe perfect for summertime snackin'! Kids love anything bite-sized and these delicious bites are yummy warm or cold - perfect for a snack or great for back-to-school lunches.
1 16 oz. pkg-white or whole wheat pizza dough
3/4 cup broccoli florets, cooked & chopped
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup pizza sauce
parmesan cheese, grated
Additions: chicken, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, olives, pepperoni, pineapple, ham — the sky’s the limit!
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bring pizza dough to room temperature and divide into 16 even pieces.
- In a separate bowl combine the broccoli (or whatever addition you choose), mozzarella and pizza sauce.
- Roll out each piece of dough into a round, about 3 inches wide, and place 1 tbsp of the cheese mixture in the center
- Take the edges of the dough and roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place the roll, sealed side down, in a greased pie plate and repeat these steps making the rest of the balls.
- Brush each ball with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
* You can substitute the broccoli for any additions you desire.