A classic single ingredient puree, a perfect first food with a natural creamy texture and earthy
Poached Wild Salmon Purée
Salmon is an incredible source of essential omega-3 fatty acids (EFAs), EPA and DHA, all of which are important to healthy brain and eye development in infants. DHA and EPA are also anti-inflammatory and heart healthy. Salmon’s taste profile is more dominant than white fish; therefore, I recommend a smaller content mixed with Baby Gourmet purées.
one fillet of salmon
puréed fruit or veg
- Place one fillet of wild salmon in a small saucepan, just covering with water. Cover pot, bring water to a boil and then reduce to simmer. Continue to cook covered 4 to 5 minutes (or until cooked throughout). Times may vary depending on fillet size.
- Remove fillet (remove skin) and purée in processor with 6 tbsp. of water.
- Because fillet size could vary, add more water, 1 tbsp. at a time if consistency is too thick.
- Mix 1 tsp. salmon purée with 3 tbsp. of puréed fruit and/or veg purée.
- Freeze leftover purée in ice cube trays to easily pull out for future use.