Poached Chicken (or Turkey) Purée
A good source of low-fat protein, poultry provides good building blocks for growing young bodies and makes a meal sustaining for babies long after they have eaten. They are packed with nutrients important for growth, building and repairing body tissues and immunity.
1 raw chicken or turkey breast
puréed fruit or veg
- Place one raw chicken or turkey breast in a small saucepan, just covering with water. Cover pot, bring water to a boil and then reduce to medium-low. Continue to cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove breast and purée in processor with ½ cup water. Purée until smooth.
- Because breast size could vary, add more water, 1 tbsp. at a time if consistency is too thick.
- Mix 1 tbsp. poultry purée with 3 tbsp. of puréed fruit and/or veg purée or prepared rice cereal.
- Freeze leftover purée in ice cube trays to easily pull out for future use.