A classic single ingredient puree, a perfect first food with a natural creamy texture and earthy
Chocolate Beet Berry Bread
My kids love cake with icing, so why not make something healthy for their love of sweets? This easy and super healthy loaf makes a perfect lunch box treat as well as a delicious dessert topped with protein-packed Greek yogurt.
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup canola oil
2 eggs, whisked
½ cup honey
2 cups beets, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the vanilla, oil, eggs, Beetberry Squoosh and honey until combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet, then stir in grated beets.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then remove bread from the pan and cool.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, cocoa and icing sugar to make topping. Serve a slice of loaf with a dollop of topping.