• Can be made gluten free by using brown rice linguine noodles
Banana Raisin Oaty Breadsticks
These little breadsticks were a big seller at the farmers market. I used to make them by hand and still reminisce about the hours of hand-rolling it took to measure them out.
Babies love them frozen, right out the freezer. The breadsticks cool their sore, teething gums and dissolve slowly in their mouths.
- Measure the flour and baby cereal into a mixing bowl. Combine yeast, sugar and warm water in a small bowl and let sit for 8-10 minutes. Add the yeast mixture, salt and raisins to the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is soft and comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- Turn the dough onto a floured work surface and knead for about 2 minutes. Add more flour if needed to prevent sticking. Return to the bowl, cover with a damp kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature until doubled in size, approximately an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Turn the dough onto a floured work surface and kneed for a few more minutes, adding more flour if needed. Divide dough into 30 small balls and roll each piece into a long, thick stick using the palm of your hand. Place sticks on a greased baking sheet and leave in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Cool and serve.