Don't let homemade granola intimidate you! This scrumptious snack is a great way to let the whole family enjoy Baby Gourmet's Sweet Potato Pie puree!
This lovely nut-free granola is a delicious and nutritious addition to yogurt for the babes 18 months +, but also a satisfying snack for kids and adults. Keep in mind the dried fruits are interchangeable- you can mix and match your favorites. If planning on feeding to baby- keep it simple with no added seeds or nuts and make sure to dice unsulfured dried fruit into tiny bite-sized pieces. Adults and older kids can handle more variety.
- 4 ½ cup large-flake rolled oats
- ¾ cup raw pumpkin seeds (omit if recipe is for baby)
- ½ cup dried unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup flax seeds
- 1 pouch of Baby Gourmet Sweet Potato Pie
- 1/3-cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven 325 degrees
- In a large bowl, toss together first 5 ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, warm together Baby Gourmet baby food, maple syrup, oil, vanilla and salt over medium heat until thinned, about 3 minutes. Pour over oat mixture, toss to coat.
- Spread evenly on a large greased or parchment paper lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring every 10 minutes and rotating pan halfway through, until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Let cool completely on rack.
- Store in airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Tips- if this is too much texture for baby soak equal parts of yogurt and granola in the fridge over night for soft, lovely morning muesli.
Posted on December 06, 2011 | Filed under: Recipe
It's convenient, it's tasty and it's really good for your baby. Why wouldn't you choose that?
Patsy, Jeff and baby Tenzin