This recipe joins two scrumptious root vegetables together in an undeniably delectable union.
It looks like sweet potato and parsnip is a match made in heaven. This super simple recipe packs all the flavor punch you want while maintaining all the nutritious value you need for your growing family. With easy to follow variations, it is a dish the whole family can dig in to.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups sweet potato, cubed (approx 1 large yam/sweet potato)
- 2 cups parsnips, peeled and sliced (approx 5 parsnips)
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp sage, finely chopped
- Bring large pot of water to boil, add sweet potato and parsnips, boil approximately 20 minutes or until cooked
- Reserve ½ cup of cooking water, then drain
- For baby 6 months+: Take out ½ cup sweet potato, parsnip mixture and puree in the mini processor with 4 tbsp reserved cooking water and pinch of chopped sage. Add additional cooking water to puree if a smoother consistency is desired.
- For baby 8 months+: Mash sweet potatoes, parsnips, milk and butter until smooth desired consistency is reached. Stir in sage.
- For the rest of the family: Follow previous step, season with salt & pepper and serve!
Posted on December 12, 2011 | Filed under: Recipe
He just will not eat jarred organic baby food—he spits it out and makes a face.
Yvette and baby Kael