This simple crostini is a perfect way to use to fresh cherries. It’s a beautiful appetizer for a summer BBQ or an after camp snack for the kids- either way, its delicious and loved by the whole family.
- 1 ½ cups pitted, chopped sweet cherries
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 slices rustic bread or baguette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- Zest of 1 lemon
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine cherries and brown sugar, allow to macerate 10 minutes
3. Brush bread with olive oil and toast in the oven until golden, 5-7 minutes.
4. Mix ricotta with majority of lemon zest (save the rest for garnish). Spread toasted bread with ricotta, top with cherries and garnish with remaining zest. Serve.
Tip for BABY 10 months+: Do not toast bread. Spread ricotta on soft bread and top with bite sized pieces of cherries. Do not macerate cherries with sugar beforehand.
Posted on July 24, 2012 | Filed under: Recipe
Other brands taste chalky or like cardboard. Why would I feed my baby something I wouldn’t taste myself?
Yvette and baby Kael